Congratulations on your admission to Rutgers University—Camden! In order to arrive in the U.S. in time to attend our mandatory orientation program and start classes, you must complete the required immigration processes in a timely manner.

How to Get Your I-20 Rutgers University—Camden

Complete the Rutgers University—Camden I-20 Request form online. This information will be used to generate your I-20 so fill it in completely and accurately. This form requires you to submit documentation such as your passport and financial documents. Make sure to have the following documents available: 

1. Copy of your passport biographical page.

 2. Proof of finances. The International Student Financial Statement will provide you with the amount of money you need to show in order to get your I-20. Financial documentation can be in the form of bank statement, offer letter for scholarship, teaching assistantship, graduate assistantship, fellowship or employment. A scanned copy is acceptable, but it must be on official letterhead or business form. The documentation must be in English or accompanied by certified English translation. Bank statement must be for a checking, savings, or time deposit account. Brokerage, stock, or equities funds, real estate and/or any non-liquid assets may not be included.

 3. Additional documentation, if needed, based on individual circumstances (Transfer-in, Dependents and Change of Status–see below).

 Once we receive your immigration record and all required forms, we can issue and express mail you your I-20. If you have questions about your I-20 or the visa process, please contact the Office of International Students and Global Programs by email or call 856-225-6832.


If you are already in the U.S. as an F-1 student, you must request your current institution to transfer your SEVIS immigration record to us. The international student advisor must complete the report form below and submit it to Please be sure to have your I-20 transferred to Rutgers—Camden within the 60-day grace period.

International Student Advisor’s Report (Undergraduate)

Once your I-20 has been electronically transferred, we can generate your new Rutgers-Camden I-20.


If you wish to bring your spouse and/or children (under age 21) with you, you will need to request an F-2 I-20 document for each dependent. Students with dependents must submit the documentation required of all students and additionally do the following.

  1. Provide additional funding for each dependent. The International Student Financial Statement will provide the current required amount.
  2. Provide a copy of the passport biographical page for each dependent.

Once we receive all required documentation, we can issue I-20s for you and your dependents.

Change of Status

If you are already in the US on an immigration status other than F-1 or J-1, you may need to change your status in order to study at Rutgers-Camden. If you are unsure whether you can study on your current visa, please contact the Office of International Students and Global Programs at

If you know that you want to change your status, please review the Change of Status information on our website and then contact us to begin the process. This process can take up to 6 months, or more, so begin the process early.