Founded: 1926 (as the South Jersey Law School), joined Rutgers in 1950
Location: Camden, New Jersey (just across the Delaware River from Philadelphia)—closest university campus to the Liberty Bell!
Campus: 40 acres, small city setting
Undergraduate majors: 38
Graduate: 29 (DPT, JD, MA, MBA, MFA, MPA, MPH, MS, MSW, PhD, MBS, MALS)
University Accreditation: Rutgers is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Rutgers School of Business-Camden is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Spring Semester / January Admission: October 1
Fall Semester / September Admission:
Early Action: November 1
Regular Action: December 1
All Transfer: February 1
After December 1, Rutgers University-Camden operates on a rolling basis.
Graduate Application Due Dates:
Application deadlines vary by program. Applicants living abroad must apply by November 1 for spring and by April 1 for fall unless the graduate program specifies an earlier deadline.
Undergraduate or graduate international students whose secondary schooling has been outside the US in a country where English is not the principal language and who are admitted to Rutgers University-Camden with regular admission must meet one of the following language proficiency requirements. Students with acceptable academic credentials who do not meet language proficiency requirements may be admitted on a conditional basis.
- TOEFL: 550 PB/79 IBT
- IELTS: 6
- Successfully completing ELS Language Center’s intensive English for Academic Purposes Level 112.
- Grade of B or better in a college-level English Composition course in residence at an accredited US 2 or 4 year college.
Standardized Test Scores:
SAT or ACT scores are required of first year international applicants if:
1) your native language is English
2) you attended highschool in the US
3) you attended an accredited American school outside of the US
4) you wish to be considered for a merit scholarship
GRE, GMAT, or LSAT may be required for graduate admission. See the graduate program website for details.
International Student Scholarships
Undergraduate international students will be considered for merit scholarships based upon their academic credentials. Scholarships range from $10,000-$15,000.
Graduate international students will be considered for merit scholarships based upon their academic credentials. Scholarships range from $10,000 - $16,000. Graduat students research and teaching assistantships.
International Undergraduate Tuition and Fees
Tuition & Fees
Other (Books/supplies, travel, health Insurance)
Twelve credits are considered full time at the undergraduate level. Tuition is capped at the twelve credit rate. Click here for 2018-2019 rates.
- 19 NCAA Division III women’s and men’s athletic teams
- Intramural sports
- Arts: Theatre, Jazz Band, Choir
- Complete the undergraduate application online: admissions.rutgers.edu.
- Pay the $70 application fee online or by mail.
- Current high school students must complete and submit the online Self Reported Academic Record (SRAR).
Submit official high school transcripts/examination results.
- Transcript must be official, original document or a certified copy.
- Transcripts not in English must be accompanied by a translation verified by a language professor or professional translator and must arrive on the professional letterhead of the translator.
Submit official transcripts from any college or universities attended.
- All records must be official, original documents or certified true copies.
- Documents not in English must be accompanied by a translation verified by a language professor or professional translator.
Submit proof of English proficiency if your high school is in a country where English is not the principal language. Rutgers-Camden accepts the following as proof of English proficiency from its international applicants.
- TOEFL: 550 PBT/ 79 IBT
- IELTS: 6
- MELAB: 82
- Completion of a pre-approved intensive English language program.*
- Grade of B or better in a college level English composition course at an accredited US college.
SAT/ACT test scores are required if your native language is English, if you are currently attending high school in the US or attending an accredited American school outside the U.S., or if you wish to be considered for a merit scholarship.
- Scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to Rutgers.
- Please note the following: Unofficial test scores cannot be accepted. When requesting your scores, use our SAT code of 2765 or our ACT code of 2592. The ACT score must include the writing component.
Financial documentation is not required until you are admitted. Upon admission, F-1 visa applicants must submit an International Student Financial Statement (ISFS) and an official, original bank letter or statement on bank letterhead stating the amount of funds available in US dollars that will be used to sponsor you.
- The ISFS and all supporting documents must be signed and dated no more than nine months prior to the semester that you are applying for admission. You will be asked for updated funding information if required.
- Bank statements must be originals or faxed directly from the financial institution showing a minimum of $52,000.00 U.S.D in support of the ISFS.
Mail application materials to:
Office of University Undergraduate Admissions
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
65 Davidson Road - Room 202
Piscataway, New Jersey 08854-8097
Applicants who do not meet the English proficiency requirement for Rutgers-Camden may apply for conditional admission. In order to qualify for conditional admission, students must apply to Rutgers University-Camden and be academically admissible. If a student is conditionally admitted, the student may satisfy their English proficiency requirements by either successfully completing one of our pre-approved English language programs or achieving requisite scores on the TOEFL or IELTS exam. English language and entrance examinations (if required) must be fulfilled in order for a student to enroll in an undergraduate degree program at Rutgers-Camden.
Rutgers University–Camden offers conditional admission for many degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate level to academically qualified international applicants who do not yet meet the University’s English proficiency requirements.
*Conditionally admitted students may satisfy their English proficiency requirements by either:
1. achieving a minimum score of 79 on the TOEFL IBT or 6 on the IELTS exam; or
2. successfully completing ELS Language Center’s intensive English for Academic Purposes Level 112.
*English language and entrance examinations (if required) must be fulfilled in order for a student to matriculate at Rutgers University–Camden.
2) Submit the required credentials
For undergraduate admissions:
- Academic records – high school transcript and college transcripts in original language and professional translation
- Completed Rutgers International Student Financial Statement and current original bank or scholarship letter
For graduate admissions:
- Academic records – college transcript(s) in original language and professional translation
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Graduate financial documents – Certification of Funds form and current original bank or scholarship letter.
Documents should be sent to:
Office of Undergraduate & Graduate Admissions
406 Penn Street
Camden, NJ 08102
If you have questions about our conditional admission program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.