Rutgers University-Camden has been a participant of the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship program since 2019. The #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship was developed as a result of U.S. higher education institutions’ commitment to providing a welcoming, safe and diverse environment to international students. Rutgers-Camden is proud to support this initiative by offering two annual, renewable scholarships of $15,000 per academic year to selected international undergraduate students dedicated to advancing intercultural learning and understanding at Rutgers-Camden.
Who can apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship?
First-year international students who have applied to Rutgers-Camden can apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship. All undergraduate academic majors and fields of study except Nursing are welcome to apply.
How much tuition does it cover?
The #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship covers $15,000 per academic year and can be renewed on an annual basis for up to four years.
How do I know if I’m eligible for this scholarship?
There are a few eligibility requirements:
- You are a first-year international applicant to a participating college or university. An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- You attend (or have graduated from) a secondary school outside of the United States.
- You demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- You have completed the scholarship application and a 500-1,000 word essay or a 2-5 minute video describing your aspirations to conduct projects, research, employment or other experiences that will advance intercultural learning.
How can I apply for this scholarship at Rutgers-Camden?
Required steps to apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship include:
1) Apply for admission to Rutgers University-Camden and submit all required application materials.
2) Complete our online scholarship application, including a 500-1,000 word essay or a 2-5 minute video describing your aspirations to conduct projects, research, employment or other experiences that will advance intercultural learning. Essays can be submitted with the online application.
If submitting a video, please email to email@example.com with subject line: #Youarewelcomehere Video. Please include your name and RUID in the body of the email.
When do I need to apply by?
All application materials must be submitted by February 1, 2023. You must be officially enrolled at Rutgers-Camden and submit your tuition deposit by May 1, 2023.